Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

P.O.V. Edit


As you know, I have recently been in Oklahoma filming the world’s largest paintball event, DDAY Oklahoma. I am back in Florida now, in the beginning stages of editing the footage from the week-long paintball event. I have completed at short trailer for the event here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-4g75GGvP0&list=UUVxmnmN3iCSmQsOL10a76IQ&index=5&feature=plcp
This trailer is just a small taste of what is to come in following months of editing. I plan on creating a video for each day of paintballing. Right now I am working on a rough cut for the second day of play. I have decided to make each of these videos different. I want each of them to have their own flavor.

For the video of the second day, I have decided to make it look and feel like a first person shooter style video game. I am in the process of creating a H.U.D. with Adobe After Effects. I am using some of the design ideas from the games Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty. I want to make the viewer feel like they are a part of the game. I have mounted two cameras on myself, one on my head and the other on the front of my gun aimed back at my face. I plan on cutting between these two points of view to keep the flow of the edit interesting.

Some of the ideas that I want to incorporate in this video are to have friend or foe identification for other players. I am going to have blue and red symbols above people’s heads to help identify the teams. I am going to have ammo and air counters in the corner of the screen. After I add these layers to my edit I will work on color correction and find some music that will work well with this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment