These last couple of week I have been having a difficult time juggling multiple projects. Besides my schoolwork, I have been working on the edits for the DDAY paintball project, writing a script, working on pre-production for a short film and working on ideas for a promotional video for an art studio. It takes a good plan of action and a lot of dedication to stick to a tight schedule. I have prioritized these different projects and have been working on each of them accordingly. One nice thing about having multiple projects to work on at the same time, is the ability to switch from one project to another when I start to feel like I am getting burnt out on one of them. It is very important to keep a fresh mind and not over work myself and get tired of working nonstop on a single project. I have to really budget my time with this many projects to work on at one time. I have to determine the importance of each project, what their deadlines are, and estimate how much time will be needed to complete each project.
Another thing that I have been working on is making these paintball videos unique. There are going to be seven of them and I want to make sure that each of them have their own distinct look and feel. I have been watching a lot of other paintball videos and military simulated videos for ideas and inspiration. I found one paintball video that was shot in a really cool way. You can check it out here:
https://vimeo.com/28817900
This video, Spitfire (Capture The Can) was shot on the Phantom Flex @ 1,000 frames per second. I really liked the idea of shooting at such a high speed and then speeding up and slowing down the footage. They made this short video so it would look like it was shot in one take and seemed very fluid. You can get a closer look at this video with their behind the scenes video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPY0b0mVZ5o
No comments:
Post a Comment